Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Llama, Llama, Duck!

So this one day I was driving down the road with some friends when we saw a banner for probably the coolest thing I've ever heard of. Is there really any other place besides Utah that would hold an annual Llama Fest?  Nevertheless, we were a little confused as to what would all be included in a llama fest, but it sounded pretty invigorating! Bridget and I made plans to go, but unfortunately it turned out to be  weekend when everyone would be out of town, so it really did end up being just the two of us.  It was at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple - very pretty. 

Just arriving 





So we walk around a little, turn a corner, and BAM! Llamas! We go right up and pet them. 







If you feed them, they literally follow you every where and back you into corners until you feed them.
My zebra shirt was the closest thing I had to a llama...



The guy on the left was probably my favorite. Just look at him! 




It was a good time. It would have been for fun with friends there too, but it was fun. They had Peru cultural dances, llama judging (which I'm not quite sure how you would judge a llama...), llama races, and booths with souvenirs and henna and stuff.  You should go next year if you can, I know I'll be there! 

In case you didn't get the reference for the title, go here 

1 comment:

  1. AH..... I wish I could have gone with you guys. Seriously. I love llamas. They're probably my 93rd favorite animal.

    ReplyDelete