Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Let's get started.


My name is Kate. I is a college student. I study plants and landscape design. I spend my days doing homework or doing meaningless things when I don't feel like doing homework. Life is good, even when it is so busy and stressful. 



Thanksgiving break is coming upon me faster than the turtle caught up to the hare, meaning it couldn't be here soon enough to stop chemistry from consuming my life. But slow and steady, right?
Today was a feel-good day. Though I'm aching from a migraine and putting the pro in procrastination at the moment, it was a beautiful Fall day outside, and several people complimented me on my hair and outfit today. Who doesn't like compliments? My challenge for you: Take time to actually notice the things around you. Don't get distracted by your phones, ipods and whatever else you carry in your hands as you walk around. Put it away for 5 minutes and notice the beautiful world around you, filled with beautiful people, and take time to maybe go out of your way to really give someone a sincere compliment. Even if you don't know them. I guarantee it will at least make them smile, if not make their day. Share any experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment