Friday, January 6, 2012

...Becoming a Lady


What better way to start out a post than with Tom Jones? 




Okay.

So, I grew up in a family of all girls, with the exception of father. You would think that at least one of us would be a girly-girl or know how to dress up, do different hairstyles and make-up for different occasions, and that we would generally dress classy and nice. Ummm....not quite.  While I have learned over the years, and I have thrown out all of my t-shirts leaving me with a closet of nice clothes so that I have to dress nicely, which I don't mind because it is my style and while now I do consider myself fairly girly now, compared to even my high school years, none of us really know how to do our make up or hair all fancily for a nice night out or random things like that. 

Over Christmas break, I was talking with my sister about it, and she had said that she wants to try some things out and post them on her blog. So we decided to do it together. It's kind of just a fun little thing where, if we try a new hairstyle or outfit or way of doing our make up, we'll blog about it. Did it work? Did it not? Look at my pictures and tell me what you think, sort of thing. So now, we're not just going to be some tom-girls who go all of Christmas break wearing t-shirts and sweat pants which I actually did not do simply because I did not have any... but we are becoming ladies. Sophisticated, well-dressed, well rounded in our style ladies. Or, so we think. 

On the first day of classes for winter semester, I wore this.
forgive us for not having a nice scenic place to take pictures yet...plus it was dark 

earrings: Wet Seal, sweater:Old Navy, belt:Forever 21, Steve Madden Oxfords:DSW

And my hair looked like this.


You may have noticed that I did not label where my maxi skirt was from. That is because it came from the hands of my mother and I - we made it. If you'd like to make one just like it, go to this blog, which gives a step by step tutorial. This lady knows what she's doing. It was a little difficult at first to have to make our own pattern, but it was fairly simple to make this one and I love it. Apparently so do other girls on campus because after I crossed the street from my apartment and took only a few steps onto campus, I passed a girl who said, "I just love your outfit. I saw you on the other side of the street and I just thought you looked so cute." Well thanks, random girl who is also looking adorable! You just made my day! What a great way to start out a new semester.  :) 

So now you get to tell me what you think. Yay or Nay? Likes or dislikes? Suggestions? Comments? Anything. And if you have any styles or anything you enjoy doing that you'd like to share, do tell and I might just try and it out and blog about it! Or if you're wondering how I completed any part of this outfit, I can tell you that too.  In the mean time, enjoy these other pictures that we took. 


 we were blasting Justin Bieber while we took these...Bridget caught me dancing...

And this is just cute. Right...?

1 comment:

  1. Sister. This is GREAT!
    You're outfit and hair look amazing! Thanks for helping me with this project. You're looking so ladylike :) love you sister.

    ReplyDelete